The key dates and periods of the SCORE contest are given below. All deadlines are 23:59 anywhere on earth (AoE) and are strict.
- 1 November 2014: Publication of CfP on SCORE website.
- 1 December 2014: Publication of list of project topics on SCORE website (full project descriptions by 15 January 2015).
- From January 2015 to November 2015: Registration is open for teams entering the contest. When registering, teams will have to submit a title to EasyChair on this page (choose Abstract only), and name two contact persons (see the "Registration and proposals" section, as well as the "Team composition" section on the CFP).
- 1 June 2015: Teams may start to submit summary reports (submissions open).
- 30 November 2015: Deadline for team registrations.
- 15 January 2016: Deadline for the submission of summary reports.
- 4 March 2016: Notification of semi-finalists who will submit full deliverables.
- 23 March 2016: Deadline for the submission of full deliverables by semi-finalists.
- 7 April 2016: Notification of finalists who will be invited to ICSE 2016.
- ICSE 2016 (14-22 May 2016): Final evaluation and presentation of the awards.
Project scopes and submission deadlines are designed to enable teams in one-semester software engineering courses to participate in the contest.