The key dates and periods of the SCORE contest are given below. All deadlines are 23:59 anywhere on earth (AoE) and are strict.
- 8 May 2017: Publication of CfP on SCORE website.
- 1 May 2017: Publication of list of project topics on SCORE website
- From 10 May 2017 to 15 December 2017: Registration is open for teams entering the contest. When registering, teams will have to submit a title to EasyChair on this page (choose Abstract only), and name two contact persons (see the "Registration and proposals" section, as well as the "Team composition" section on the CFP).
- 1 July 2017: Teams may start to submit summary reports (submissions open).
- 15 December 2017: Deadline for team registrations.
- 15 January 2018: Deadline for the submission of summary reports.
- 5 March 2018: Notification of semi-finalists who will submit full deliverables.
- 23 March 2018: Deadline for the submission of full deliverables by semi-finalists.
- 7 April 2018: Notification of finalists who will be invited to ICSE 2018.
- ICSE 2018 (27 May - 3 June 2018): Final evaluation and presentation of the awards.
Project scopes and submission deadlines are designed to enable teams in one-semester software engineering courses to participate in the contest.